THOROUGH. CHALLENGING. SUBSTANTIVE.
The Creative Writing Program at Susquehanna University
Susquehanna University’s creative writing program is a focused, close-knit community with dedicated creative writing housing and seven student-run publications. We make certain our creative writing students are career ready as they graduate with a competitive portfolio and in-demand skills.
- 1 in 12 students at Susquehanna is a creative writing major
- Recently ranked one of the Top Writing Programs in Pennsylvania
- Our creative writing program lays the foundation for careers in advertising, corporate communications, graphic design, editing, education, journalism, law, religious ministry or technical writing
- The SU alumni network of more than 700 trained writers stands ready to help you make valuable connections in any number of fields
- Experience the Susquehanna University campus and immerse yourself in writing. Our week-long Summer Writers Workshop in July, for high school students entering grades 10-12, lets you work with our creative writing faculty in intensive, small-group workshops.
Let’s stay in touch. We'd love to answer your questions and get to know you during your college search!Loading...
96% of Susquehanna seniors are employed or pursuing an advanced degree within six months of graduation
An Investment in Your Education with Susquehanna University is an Investment in Your Future
We know a college degree is a big investment. You can be confident your time (and money) are well spent at Susquehanna. We’ve been recognized on Money Magazine’s “Best Colleges in America 2022" list for having a high-quality education at an affordable price.
- 99% of first-year students receive financial aid
- Academic merit scholarships up to $42,000 a year
- Susquehanna ranks in the top 11% of universities nationwide for lifetime earnings
- Best Bang for the Buck: Top Colleges in the Northeast, Washington Monthly, 2022
graduate within four years
clubs and organizations
Our Writers Institute provides a hub for all things creative writing-related at Susquehanna University. It funds and supports four major literary magazines on campus — Rivercraft, Essay, The Susquehanna Review and Apprentice Writer — as well as several smaller journals and the Forum for Undergraduate Student Editors.
Creative Writing Scholarships
We offer 10 Janet Weis Scholarships of $5,000 each to first-year Creative Writing majors based upon the quality of their writing portfolios. This scholarship is offered in addition to our academic merit scholarships.
There's more to college life than classes. When the lecture is over and the lab is complete, there are countless ways to get involved at Susquehanna.
Take your pick from more than 150 student-run groups, club sports, honor societies, academic clubs, volunteer organizations and more. Find your place in student-operated media. Or join a professional organization or Greek chapter.
Located near the banks of the beautiful Susquehanna River, we are situated on 325 scenic acres in the charming town of Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania.
We are home to 2,300 undergraduate students and are known for our safe and welcoming community and dynamic learning environment.
Important upcoming dates and deadlines
Early Decision Application Deadline
Early Action 2 Application Deadline
(for spring semester)
Transfer Application Deadline
Regular Decision Application Deadline